Thursday, July 11, 2013

"Spring Breakers" Review

                   



I know I'm a bit late but I just had to do a review on "Spring Breakers".

I know for a fact that I was not the only girl counting the days and dying and to see this movie. A group of four teenage girls - three of which are actually Hollywood It-Girls - going on a road trip, partying and having fun? Sounds like every girls college dream! 

The day the movie was released I was with my boyfriend and i begged him to go and watch it with me. Seeing that I was so excited over a movie release, he accepted. That was the time before I encountered one of the biggest disappointments of my life. Literally. 

This movie could have been amazing. Three of the main girls (Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens) each have a vast fanbase and this could have been used to the advantage of the movie and not only in a commercial way. They could've made this movie so much more exaggerated and just simply so much better but they didn't. 

This movie was basically just 94 minutes of bare breasts, drugs and sexual activity.

Other things I didn't like about this movie are:
• The fact that Selena Gomez's character, Faith, was such a cry baby. 
• The fact that two of the girls left early on in the movie.
• The pace of the movie.
• THE END!!! 

The end was HORRIBLE!!! I couldn't believe I had endured the whole movie just to see James Franco die in 3 seconds flat. 

The only good thing I can say about this movie is that I liked the girl power and the Franco-Benson-Hudgens trio. 

What a waste of my time...

No comments:

Post a Comment