Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2013 Teen Choice Awards Recap



If I'm perfectly honestly, I feel that award shows are starting to become boring. They're so repetitive and none of the hosts are trying to come up with original ideas to keep the people entertained. Also, some award presenters (*cough cough* Liam Hemsworth) are so unenthusiastic.

I'm a big fan of Lucy Hale on "Pretty Little Liars" and Darren Criss on "Glee" (Klaine!) but I just felt that they didn't bring their A game... They didn't make any jokes and the Gleeks vs. the PLLiars was just plain awkward. They were NOT prepared. They were charming but were definitely not as good as Rebel Wilson or Ellen DeGeneres. Okay, I'll cut them some slack and acknowledge the fact that neither Hale or Criss are comedians. But still...

One thing I was glad about was that Justin Bieber did not make an appearance on the show (even though he did win three awards... sigh) and did not give a lame acceptance speech. Although I do appreciate all of the charity work he has done, Justin Bieber is definitely someone who needs to stop being famous. It's messing with his head and blowing up his ego.

I'm not a Directioner but I did think that Harry Styles looked absolutely amazing while singing "Best Song Ever". Other things I liked about the show were Harry Styles' twerking skills, the Paramore performance, Ashton Kutcher's acceptance speech, Bruno Mars' R&B video and obviously Lea Michele's speech on Cory Monteith. She is so adorable and just seeing her made me tear up a little. RIP Cory, you will always be loved.

When we come to the Red Carpet Fashion, I just have one question. What in the world were Bella Thorne and Hailee Steinfeld wearing?! Someone needs to get them a mirror and a stylist. ASAP!

I honestly don't have any other opinions on the show...

Let's just hope that the 2013 MTV VMA's will be better.



P.S. Ellen DeGeneres confirms that she will be hosting the 2014 Academy Awards! YES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment